Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who Am I?


Who am I? What makes me what and who I am? What makes me special? Each one of was made uniquely and wonderfully by our Maker, God. Each one of us grapple with this same question.


We all begin with a clean slate. The things that are placed upon it come from both external and internal sources. We do not have control over the outside sources; however, we have control over the things that we choose to say, do or believe.


We need to be careful of what we let control how we feel about ourselves. Many people will try to tear you down. Does it matter what others think about me? Maybe. If I am living a life that will distract others from Christ, I need to heed to the gentle truthfulness from wise counsel. If the person's soul intent is to tear at me, I choose not to listen to that opinion.


I choose to believe what God says about me (and you, too). He has a plan for me. I am made in His image. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am his beloved.


It is my sincere hope that if you are reading this and you are struggling with this same issue, you stop listening to what the world would like for you to believe and listen to the One Who made you and hear the blessings that He is pouring over you.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Psalm 139 13:18


13 Thou created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

2 comments:

  1. What made you think you had nothing to share???
    Thanks for the scriptures. I love reading them. And every now and then I need a gentle but firm nudge in the right direction. I don't claim to be perfect, but I strive to do my God's will. Love Ya,
    Betty aka ZacksNana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said sista!

    ReplyDelete