Monday, May 11, 2009

Waiting

Randy and I are in the S L O W process of being certified to foster and adopt children. The wait time is getting close to the cook time of a biological child. The room is being cleaned out and prepared. The baby locks are on the cabinets and all of the other things that were recommended have been accomplished.

What type of room shall we put together? A crib? A twin bed or two? Blue curatins? Pink curtains? When you are anticipating the birth of a biological child, you pretty much know what to expect and prepare for. This is most interesting because there is not much planning that can be done prior to the arrival of (________). The plan we currently have is go to HEB for the bunk beds (yes, the grocery store in Hicktoria has the best quality bunks - sad but true), or go to Wal-Mart for the crib matress.

A friend of mine said she will throw us a baby shower when we get the call. What do I do, register at Target for boy and girl things in all sizes from preemie to 6? I hesitate to stock-pile too much because what if it is the wrong size, gender and season? Will the child(ren) be returned home or will this be their forever home? So many unanswered questions.

When we began this process, a song began playing on the radio and it has been played every day at least once every hour and a half. John Waller had the song "While I'm Waiting" played during the movie Fire Proof and it is so applicible to this situation. It is such a wonderful reminder to stop looking at the situation and wanting my own way - in my own time.

"I'm waiting I'm waiting on You, Lord And I am hopeful I'm waiting on You, Lord Though it
is painful But patiently, I will wait.

I will move ahead, bold and confident Takeing every step in obedience.

While I'm waiting I will serve You. While I'm waiting I will worship. While I'm waiting, I
will not faint. I'll be running the race, even while I wait.

I'm waiting I'm waiting on You, Lord And I am peaceful I'm waiting on You, Lord, though
it's not easy; but faithfully, I will wait"

I find it funny that this was released to be played over the air waves about the time I needed the reminder. God is good that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 38:15

I wait for you, O LORD; You will answer, O Lord my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment