Friday, May 22, 2009

The Power of a Thumbs Up (or - I have a new boyfriend)

I was wandering through the clinic today looking for a certain employee when I happened upon a mom with two little boys, ages two and four, hamming it up in the play room. I talked to the mom for a few minutes.

When I looked into the window of the play room, I noticed big brother about to fall on and pound little brother. I gave big brother the most impressive mom eye brow and shake of my head that I could muster and the kid fell for it. He fell down beside his brother and looked up at me to check my reaction. I gave him a thumbs up and a big smile and nod of my head. He lit up like a light bulb and came running to me. He gave me the biggest hug and talked to me about his upcoming swimming lessons. I don't know this kid from Adam. Apparently he missed all of the stranger danger classes.

When they were at check out, he saw me at my desk and yelled as loud as he could that I am his girlfriend. He then ran around the clinic to find how to get to me, gave me a big kiss and hug, and then proceeded to show me his killer swim moves.

You never know who you are going to encounter throughout the day and how your actions and attitudes will affect them. I strive to be like this little kid - happy, warm and inviting to all I see. I can learn some good lessons from this little four year old bundle of enegry.

Thank you, little kid, for brightening my day. You are a little ray of sunshine. Randy Crawford, you need to be on your absolute best behavior. You have stiff competition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew 11:25

[ Rest for the Weary ] At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(this one is worth two scriptures today)

Matthew 18:3

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story. Love the accompanying scriptures too! Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend. We went to Louisiana and I am pooped out and ready for night night.

    ReplyDelete